Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links. You can read more about how I use affiliate links on my disclosure page.
Once a month or so, I pack up my craft goodies and head to a crop across town. I've been doing this for a couple of years now and I've learned that now productive I am depends entirely on 1) if I've planned my projects ahead of time and 2) how well I've packed my supplies.
Well, anyway, I'm more of a “fly by the seat of my pants” kind of gal, so planning my projects ahead doesn't always (okay, usually) happen. But I've found a way to help solve the second problem.
I've created a box with all the basics for card making, since that's what I do most often. I love these medium organizer boxes from Close to My Heart. They're easy to stack on shelves or stick in a bag for traveling, and with their adjustable dividers, perfect for what I needed. If you don't have a CTMH advisor, I've linked to mine. (If you order from her, tell her that Becca sent ya!) 🙂
Here's what I've put in mine:
- Card blanks in white, vanilla, and kraft colors, and corresponding envelopes
- Foam for adding dimension to card panels
- Basic adhesives (including my Stampin' Up Snail tape, dimensionals, and glue dots)
- Embellishments like rhinestones, pearls, sequins, and candy dots
- Anti-static powder for heat embossing and deactivating adhesives (an Embossing Buddy or similar)
- Some of my favorite ribbons
- Sponge daubers
- Nuvo dots (if you haven't tried these, they are amazeballs)
- Small scissors
Now, whether I'm at home or on the go, all I need to do to get a card project started is pull out my card toolbox!
Do you have a similar toolbox? What's in yours?